Following the string of 20 block rewards spent on Wednesday, an idle bitcoin wallet that was created on October 7, 2013, transferred 2,207 so-called ‘sleeping bitcoins’ worth over $147 million. Both of these massive transactions took place on the same day bitcoin reached an all-time price high at $69,000.
2013 Whale Transfers 2,207 Bitcoin Worth $147 Million
- On Wednesday, November 10, 2021, a ‘forgotten’ stash of bitcoins that sat idle for eight years and woke up for the first time since the wallet’s creation. The action was caught by Btcparser.com and the massive whale spent 2,207 bitcoin worth well over $147 million.
- The original address was first created on October 7, 2013, and it contained approximately 2,207.60 BTC which was split into two addresses. The first output sent 300 BTC while the second output sent 1,907.5997 BTC and the rest of the funds were used for network fees.
- The privacy of the transaction from 2013 got a score of 45 (low privacy) on Blockchair’s privacy-o-meter transaction tool. A total of three vulnerabilities were discovered in the transaction worth $147 million and one included matched addresses that were identified.
- Today’s whale action is similar to the dormant address move with a wallet stemming from the same year saw strange activity in May 2021. At the time, the activity from bitcoins obtained in 2013, also saw re-distribution transfer.
- The transferred 2,207 bitcoins worth over $147 million that derived from an address created on July 10, 2013, follow the 20 block reward whale spend that happened at around 1:30 a.m. (ET).
- The 20 decade-old block rewards from 2010 spent on Wednesday saw a “critical” privacy score on Blockchair’s privacy-o-meter and scored a zero. The transaction which saw the movement of 1,000 BTC from 2010 suffered from a total of five privacy vulnerabilities.
- Unlike the 1,000 BTC transfer which saw the transfer of the corresponding bitcoin cash (BCH), but not the transfer of the 1,000 bitcoinsv (BSV), the 2013 whale move did not touch the BCH or BSV. There are 2,207 bitcoin cash unspent waiting in the original address today worth $1.5 million and 2,207 bitcoinsv worth $426,000 sitting idle as well.
- Between the 2010 whale and the 2013 whale, 3,207 BTC was transferred by just two entities, as bitcoin (BTC) skyrocketed to $69K on Wednesday. BTC dropped in value after tapping the $69K handle to a low of $62,857 at 4:30 p.m. (ET) on November 10.
What do you think about the massive 2013 whale transfer that took place the same day 20 block rewards from 2010 were spent and BTC smashed an all-time price high? Let us know what you think about this subject in the comments section below.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.