The popular meme-based crypto-asset dogecoin has seen phenomenal gains during the last few days. On April 16, 2021, the digital currency featuring the likeness of the Shiba Inu dog tapped an all-time high at $0.44 per token. However, the cost to send a transaction in dogecoin has jumped to that price as well on Friday.
Who Let the DOGE Out?
- Dogecoin (DOGE) has spiked massively this week in value shocking everyone watching digital currency markets in action. DOGE jumped to a high of $0.44 per unit on Friday morning at 9:45 a.m. (EST).
- At 11:16 a.m. (EST), DOGE 24-hour gains have jumped to 187.22% and seven-day gains have spiked over 497.11% against the U.S. dollar. Against bitcoin (BTC), dogecoin has gained 465.06% this week.
- Meanwhile, at the same time frame, stats also show that dogecoin has gained 3,872.55% in a mere three months. 509.30% during the course of the last month, and a whopping 18,299.46% against the U.S. dollar during the last 12 months.
- DOGE transaction fees have jumped as well and the average transaction now costs 1.25 DOGE or $0.465 USD according to bitinfocharts.com. The statistics show in recent weeks as dogecoin (DOGE) values rise, DOGE network fees follow suit.
- Dogecoin has also been getting a lot of attention from celebrities and businesses like Slim Jim, the famous beef jerky maker.
- “To kinda quote a movie ‘Doge keeps going up, but our pricing at [the] Dallas Mavs Shop stays the same,’” Mark Cuban tweeted on Friday. “We just set a 24-hour record for merch sales in Doge,” the investor added.
- At 11:00 a.m. (EST), dogecoin (DOGE) markets captured the 5th market position in terms of market valuation. At that time frame, DOGE’s overall market valuation was worth $50.35 billion. Some crypto advocates have been ecstatic and have been rooting DOGE on while others have called it “dumb money.”
- At 12:33 a.m. on April 15, 2021, Tesla’s Elon Musk tweeted about DOGE once again. The Tesla CEO shared a meme and said: “Doge Barking at the Moon.” Subsequently, dogecoin prices started to climb relentlessly after that tweet.
- On April 20, 2021, otherwise known as “4:20 Day” for many cannabis proponents, will also be “Doge Day,” according to a number of fans. “This day might push it to $1,” tweeted Christopher Muñoz on Thursday.
- Galaxy Digital’s Mike Novogratz took a jab at dogecoin (DOGE) and XRP during his latest interview with Marketwatch when he called them “weird coins.” Because tokens like these have been spiking, Novogratz has warned of a crypto market “washout.”
What do you think about dogecoin soaring to new heights on Friday? Let us know what you think about this subject in the comments section below.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons, Christopher Muñoz tweet, DOGE wallpaper,
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.